Dog Wormer Active Ingredients
June 15th, 2010
- Ivermectin: Effective against most common intestinal worms ( not tapeworms) and external parasitses. Most common use is for monthly heartworm prevention and treatment of some types of mange.
- Pyrental Pamoate: Save and effective treatment for roundworms, hookworms, and pinworms. Need a 2nd and sometimes 3rd dose, 2-4 weeks apart.
- Piperazine: Effective against two types of roundworms. Administer at least two times 10 - 14 days apart.
- Fenbendazole: A broad spectrum dewormer used to control roundworms, hookworms, whipworms and giardia. Treat once per day for 3 days.
- Prazinquantel: Used to treat adult tapeworms. Does not kill the tapeworm eggs. To prevent reinfection, treat on a regular basis.